Sennheiser MK 4 is a high quality condenser microphone designed for project and professional studio recordings. It supports vocal as well as instruments. Being the first large-diaphragm condenser microphone from Sennheiser, MK 4 provides magnificent sound performance which makes it a real value for price product.
MK series from the 70 year old, German based Sennheiser are devised to present you with world-class quality sound recordings at a jaw-dropping affordable price. This series has two eminent products namely MK 4 and MK 8, both excelling in their respective applications. MK 4 is highly user-friendly and a clear winner for guitar amps. MK 8 shows great versatility and is a favorite ambient microphone.
Salient features of MK series:
- Pure and resilient: The capsule is elastic in nature and is partnered with efficient filters to bring down the impact and structure-borne noise to negligible. Being designed with low inherent self-noise, sharp sounds irrespective of the nature of source is delivered.
- Mighty power and warmth: MK 4 being a true condenser microphone adorns a 24-carat, gold-plated 1” diaphragm to provide you with superior sonic integrity. Whatever be the range of audio frequency spectrum, MK microphones ensure warm and finely resolved sound production with clear mids and detailed bass levels.
- Sturdy structure: The immensely talented Sennheiser condenser microphone is contained in a zinc die-cast casing to safeguard your mic from any rough recording scenario and surroundings. The compact electronics and high grade, qualified materials further adds to the strong structure.
Features of MK 4 condenser microphone:
- High sound pressure handing levels of about 140dB work wonders in delivering exceptional audio.
- Features five selectable polar patterns namely omni-directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, super-cardioid and figure-of-eight configuration.
- Polar pattern is paired with low cut filters and three-position pad switch.
- Capsule shock-mounted internally to minimize structure-borne noise
- Full metal housing
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Nominal impedance: 50 ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 10 dB
- Power supply: 48 V phantom power
- Dimensions ( L x D): 160 x 57 mm
- Weight: 485 g