Job Assignment Title: Home Theater Consultants
Type: Dedicated Home Theater Room
Location: Jayanagar, Bengaluru
Scope of Work: Acoustics Design with Audio Video System supply and installation
Application: Movies & Music
Room Size: 2400 Cu Ft
Interior Scheme: Contemporary
Status: Completed-April 2014
The Owner, an Architect by profession and an AV enthusiast, wanted our Home Theater consultants to design a dedicated home theater in their home located in Jayanagar, Bengaluru, to enjoy a high-quality movie watching experience along with his family.
To build an ultimate high-quality home cinema that gives the best movie-watching experience. The home theater had to be constructed on time and within the given budget. The goal was to accommodate three people on Motorized home theater seating recliners.
Symphony 440 Design Group home theater consultants surveyed the house to understand the home theater room requirements.
Our Home theater solutions team studied the size of the room, the home theater furniture to be installed, and the acoustic treatments to provide the best in class experience to the clients.
1. To start with, The Home Theater Consultants at Symphony 440 Design Group used the entire wall surface to install acoustical wall panelling with a mixture of absorption, reflection, diffusion, and bass trapping to reduce reverberation modal resonances.
The materials used for acoustical wall panelling included Rockwool, acoustic foam & Acoustical boards. All acoustical materials help get the best sound possible out of the high-end Bowers & Wilkins home theater system.
2. Our Home Theater consultants then designed and got Slanted Wooden panels installed on the walls to increase the aesthetic appeal and provide a contemporary look to the home cinema room. These slanted wooden panels also double up acoustic sound diffusers.
3. The team then designed a high-quality AV Rack which can accommodate multiple home theater items like Marantz AV Receiver, Blu Ray Player, Bowers & Wilkins Home theater Center Channel Speaker etc.
4. The team also got a very thick Acoustic Cut Pile Carpet installed in the home theater room to avoid reflections from the flooring. We decided to install carpet flooring as the home theater was reflective in nature with combinations of Gypsum & wood throughout.
5. Our Home Theater consultants then designed the AV System layout & installed a high-quality B&W 683 Speaker System with a Marantz SR series AV receiver to provide an immersive and thrilling Dolby Surround Sound experience.
The Marantz AV receiver puts out 110W of power per channel, helping the B&W Speaker system produce detailed sound.
6. The team also Installed Bowers & Wilkins Subwoofer at an appropriate location in the home theater room to produce deep, stomping bass.
The Bowers & Wilkins ASW 610 subwoofer has a 10” woofer and fills the room with excellent bass, and gets integrated with the Bowers & Wilkins floor-standing & center channel speakers very well.
7. We then Installed AE series Panasonic Full HD projector that puts out great Full HD 3D images that are nothing short of spectacular.
8. We set up a 110” home theater screen on the front wall of the home cinema room to bring the best out of the Panasonic home theater projector.
9. We then Placed three custom built home theater electric recliners with a freezer and other special features to provide extraordinary comfort.
These home theater electric recliners were placed about 3’away from the back wall to ensure perfect alignment with Bowers & Wilkins dipole surround speakers.
The client being a renowned architect himself, supported the team throughout the implementation of the Home cinema project. He worked with us to select the right quality Acoustic treatment materials for the home theater wall panelling and ceiling floor treatment.
Symphony 440 Design Group Home Theater consultants handed over a neatly built, gorgeous looking Home Theater room to the client in 4 months.