Symphony 440 Design Group Home theatre installation team visited the site to assess the requirements to turn the room into a comfortable home cinema with excellent acoustics. The team evaluated the room dimension to assess various room treatment requirements to control the quality of sound in the room. Implementations include:
- To start with, we designed the AV System layout & installed high-quality QED speaker cables & 4K capable HDMI interconnects. Since the Jamo D600 THX LCR are high powered, full-range home cinema systems, they deserved very well-engineered speaker cables in the form of QED. Even for the high-end Epson projector QED HDMI cable was used for connectivity. Both the speaker cables and HDMI interconnect from QED do justice to Jamo D 600 THX Speaker System and Epson Home Theatre projector respectively.
- We designed a 9” H Home theatre seating platform for comfortable movie viewing experience for the second-row audience. Since there was a necessity to fit more than four people in the Home Cinema room, Home theatre installation team at Symphony 440 Design Group decided to build a 9” Home theatre seating platform to accommodate a total seating capacity of 7.
- We used the entire wall surface for acoustical wall panelling with a mixture of absorption, reflection, diffusion & bass trapping to reduce reverberation & modal resonances.
- The acoustic treatment on the side walls had the right mix of Plywood, acoustic synth, acoustic foam etc. Whereas on the back-wall lot of high-density Rockwool, Flexiply and other acoustical items along with stretch fabric system created an excellent looking, technically sound acoustic panel. The home cinema room has adequate sound diffusion along with right amount absorption and reflection.
- We achieved good surround sound quality with acoustical ceiling consisting of various acoustic materials of different densities and thicknesses as backing infills.
- Since the floor had plush carpet doing the job of absorbing specific range of frequencies, Home theatre installation team at Symphony 440 Design Group decided to use the ceiling to absorb the Low frequencies since it offered more than 12” of space behind the Gypsum layer.
- We were able to reduce reflection of the projected image from the Epson Home Theatre projector with dark colour paints on the ceiling.
- Reflections that are generally associated with a white false ceiling in home cinema rooms can be too distracting, and Home Theatre installation team at Symphony 440 Design Group wanted to avoid this by providing a high-quality grey paint on the false ceiling. A lot of high-density infill materials placed inside the false ceiling helped us further improve bass response in the home cinema room.
- Circular cove lights & ceiling mounted strip lights controlled through Ziapto home automation system provides excellent ambient lighting and brings aesthetic accent, especially to highlight decorative ceiling elements.
- THX Ultra 2 certified Jamo D 600 LCR Home theatre speakers were installed below the Harkness cinema screen. These THX Home theatre speakers from Jamo mounted directly on the wall and elevated upwards, projects sound perfectly towards the desired audience area.
- Jamo D 600 SUR Home theatre speakers are fixed on the Sidewalls and back walls to provide superb FX sounds and engage the audience in movie watching. These Jamo Speakers, coupled with carefully designed Sound diffusers placed on the walls in the home cinema room, helps in getting the best home theatre experience possible.
- Installed on the ceiling are the in-ceiling speakers from Bowers & Wilkins, positioned at locations suggested by Dolby Laboratories.
- The installed Marantz SR 7011, and Marantz PM 6006 amplifiers combo puts out 11 channels of sheer audio power, creating wide sound field. Jamo D 600 LCR Home theatre speakers are rated at 200 Watts at 4 Ohms, and they needed a high current AV receiver of Marantz’s calibre that will do justice to their design and THX certification.
- Marantz SR series AV receivers, known in the industry for their warm audio quality and power delivery brings out the best quality audio Jamo D 600 THX on wall system.
- Since the Marantz AV Receiver is capable of powering only nine speakers, Home theatre installation team decided to use an additional amplifier, The Marantz PM 6006 stereo amplifier to power the rear Bowers & Wilkins atmos ceiling speakers.
- The Award-winning 15” Jamo D 600 Subwoofer brought from Germany, was installed along with Auralex Subdude Subwoofer isolation pad at an appropriate place in the home theatre room. This Jamo Subwoofer doesn’t disappoint and produces deep, stomping bass.
- Since the customer wanted a Home Theatre projector that could deliver bright and punchy pictures, Home Theatre consultants at Symphony 440 Design Group had to look no further. We decided to suggest the Epson TW 9300 Home theatre projector. This Epson projector is capable of putting out great Full HD, 3D and 4K images which are nothing short of spectacular.
- The Installed Harkness Digital 4K 11’Wx6’2” home theatre screen helps in bringing the best out of the Epson home theatre projector. This particular Home theatre screen is an eyelet type and installed using the well-known hook and rope method.
- Maroon coloured wall to wall acoustical home theatre carpet looks great on the floor and helps immensely in avoiding ceiling to floor reflections.
- Seven custom-built, fabric-based motorized home theatre recliners from Recliners India with freezer and other special features provide extraordinary comfort.
- These Home theatre recliners picked up with much care create a whole new level of grandeur, and the customer personally visited the Recliners India showroom to check and finalize the design of the recliners.
We built this fully furnished Home Theatre in a calm locality of Arakere, Bannerghatta road, Bangalore in about four months. It was a matter of challenge for the Home theatre consultants at Symphony 440 Design Group to get the desired audio and video outputs since the customer was a true audiophile and wanted nothing but the best in terms of Home cinema Audio and Video.
With customer’s support and intensive simulation and acoustic room testing sessions, Symphony 440 Design Group was able to deliver what we call as one of our best installations till date.